Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do we need to use all the talents God gives us? What if they detract from your religious life?

I can write very well, poetry and prose. I don't enjoy it much, but I do like the end product I get, and I know other people like it as well. But when I concentrate on my writing it tends to detract from my religious life, because to write to my full ability I need to become obsessed with it for however long it takes to finish the piece. I know I could write 'to glorify God,' but it seems like there's already an abundance of that sort of writing, and it wouldn't make a worthwhile difference. I'm working to become a school teacher, and that path is the more worthwhile one that I'm taking, but my talent with writing is far better than any skills I have for teaching. Why would I have them if I didn't need to use them. There is time to do both, but I'm not sure if I should put my time into writing or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment